The Insight Meditation Community of Charlotte depends on volunteers to carry out its mission of making the Buddha's teachings available to all who seek them. Volunteering is an opportunity to extend loving kindness to your sangha, the community and the world. Volunteering is an important way to give dana (Pali for generosity) to the sangha; it can open the heart and enrich your life. Volunteering also is a way to meet other sangha members.Whether you are new to IMCC or a longtime member, we need your help. If you have gained value from our sangha and programs we offer, please consider giving your time and energy and taking your practice off the mat and into the community.
There are several ways to volunteer:
WEDNESDAY NIGHT COORDINATORS
Prepare the Chapel for the meeting (Coordinators may serve as often as they choose – once a month or once every two or three months):
- Arrive 30 minutes early to set up for the meeting (signs, information tables, and cushions and blankets) and stay a few minutes after the meeting to put everything away
- Welcome people as they arrive
- Control the mic and the lights during meditation, the dharma talk, and the Q&A time
These tasks are critical for the functioning of our weekly gatherings.For more information, or to volunteer, please contact Doris Bienz at firstname.lastname@example.org SPECIAL EVENTS (CLASSES, RETREATS)
Volunteer to help with classes, day-long teachings, or weekend retreats.
- Register participants as they sign up and submit payment
- Assist with check-in, setup, and takedown on an ad hoc basis for one of our retreats or other special events
- Provide flowers
- Provide transportation for guest speakers
- For special events, help distribute flyers to the Charlotte community
For more information, or to volunteer, please contact Linda Reight at email@example.com MOVIE NIGHTS
Host a movie night at your home or in the Youth Lounge.
-You will preview the movie selected by the program committee
-Offer simple refreshments if you like
-And lead a discussion at the end of the movie.
For more information, or to volunteer, please contact Linda Reight at firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL INTERESTS, TALENTS & SKILLS
We are always in need of people with skills in the following areas:
To offer assistance in any of these areas, please contact Cynthia Glickman at email@example.com
is the entry
"My religion is kindness."
~ Dalai Lama
We offer the opportunity to become involved in a community service project several times a year.Some of the organizations we have volunteered with in the past include:
Room at the Inn
The Coalition to Unchain Dogs
Please join us at the next event.For more information, or if you have a project that you would like to suggest and spearhead, please contact Cindy Cowan at firstname.lastname@example.org